Thursday, December 7, 2017

Event #1 - Group Advising

For my first event I went to group advising to help out the new YDEV majors pick their classes and make sure that they are taking professors that experienced YDEV majors know will do a good job teaching. This was my first time attending a group advising session and it was enjoyable. I met a bunch of new people and I helped a few people with their concentration classes. I'm glad that the group advising started out with an ice breaker to get to know everyone, it made it easier to walk up to people I didn't know and talk to them about their classes and who not to take and who to take. Being there took me out of my comfort zone and I enjoyed it a lot, the structure of the advising was intimate and it was easy to make connections. I would definitely attend another group advising next semester and next time I will be even more engaged and helpful because now I know what to expect and I won't be as nervous as I was this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment