Thursday, November 9, 2017

Ideology Inventory

I remember taking this ideology inventory last year in YDEV 300 and getting Positive Youth Development as the one that aligns closer to me. This year Critical Youth Development and Positive Youth Development were tied as my two lowest. Reading the two on the Ideology Horoscope, I can see why I matched with these two. I do believe in a positive youth space to give youth that voice that they might not get somewhere else and I believe in the critical youth space because I want youth and the youth workers to work alongside each other to talk about topics that the youth are interested in. I did enjoy in the horoscope that the examples it used were geared towards more teens and older youth because that is what I find that I am more interested in working with. I love working with elementary schoolers, but they just become too much for more sometimes and I need to talk to youth that can have a really nice conversation and I feel that with teens and maybe middle schoolers, I'll get that chance to be the youth worker I want to be.

1 comment:

  1. It is really cool how you can integrate both ideologies. I shows that you can see the best in people but it also shows that you value the kids opinions and interests.

    ReplyDelete